Bollinger Shipyards is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join its team.
A Project Engineer coordinates and schedules engineering aspects of assigned projects among the various engineering disciplines (i.e., mechanical, piping, electrical, naval architectural, etc.). Responsibilities of the position include initializing, organizing, and monitoring new construction projects. Candidate will develop and control deliverable deadlines, budgets, and technical activities on multiple projects. Role includes overseeing requirements verification activities to ensure vessel compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer furnished specifications, and regulatory agency requirements. Candidate will work closely with Engineering Management to direct the integration of project activities and development of technical products. Duties also include providing occasional project technical support to the Business Development, Estimating, and on-site support teams. Also, candidate shall possess excellent problem-solving ability as Bollinger Engineering’s primary point of contact for the project to the Customer, Program Management Office, Production, Purchasing, Outside Design Agents, and Regulatory Authorities.
The requirements of the position are as follows:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in design development and execution of marine projects such as small craft, patrol vessels, and/or other government (USN / USCG) programs
- Familiarity / experience with automated marine electronic systems a plus
- Must be able to recognize capabilities of project team members and organize them into an effective and efficient team
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must have complete familiarity with USCG (CFR) and IMO statutory regulations (SOLAS, MARPOL, etc.) as well as classification requirements (ABS or DNV)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products and computer-assisted engineering software;
- Working knowledge of project management software (MS Project) and change management principles are a plus