A Press/Shear Operator is responsible for the safe operation of metal fabrication equipment used for bending/cutting materials to detailed specifications used in the construction of vessels, barges, etc.
- Can read and interpret construction drawings or other guidance documents.
- Can operate press/shear metal fabrication equipment.
- Familiar with standard marine practice and general specifications for construction.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of bending/cutting processes and techniques.
- Familiar with hand tools used for machine setup (clamps, blades, etc).
- Can detect machine problems and effect corrective action as directed.
- Two (2) years of directly related experience in a similar position preferred