A Project Engineer coordinates and schedules engineering aspects of assigned projects among the various engineering disciplines (i.e., mechanical, piping, electrical, naval architectural, etc.). Responsibilities of the position include initializing, organizing and monitoring engineering projects. Candidate will develop and control deadlines, budgets and technical activities on multiple projects. Role includes overseeing requirements analysis activities ensuring vessel compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer furnished specifications and regulatory agency requirements. Candidate will work closely with Engineering Manager to direct the integration of project activities and technical products. Duties also include providing project technical support to the business development, estimating and on-site support teams. Also, candidate shall possess excellent problem-solving ability as engineering’s primary point of contact for the project to the Customer, Program Management Office, Production, Purchasing, Outside Design Agents, and Regulatory Authorities.
The requirements of the position are as follows:
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in design development of marine projects such as tugs, barges, offshore supply vessels and small craft;
• Must be able to recognize capabilities of project team members and organize them into an effective and efficient team;
• Must have excellent communication and leadership skills;
• Must have complete familiarity with USCG (CFR) and IMO statutory regulations (SOLAS, IBC) as well as classification requirements (ABS or DNV);
• Must be a U.S. National; and
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office products and computer-assisted engineering software, working knowledge of project management software (MS Project) and change management principles are a plus.