Responsibilities include developing positive long-term relationships with K12 schools, higher education, workforce boards, chambers, state & local industry representatives, etc. in addressing workforce needs and assisting with generating a talent pipeline for the company. Will develop and implement outreach and workforce development engagement strategies for partnerships including the creation of training programs with various institutions that align with the company’s needs in creating career pathways for future talent. Manages, coordinates and conducts workforce development projects and activities including marketing efforts such as presentations promoting company training programs (i.e. apprenticeships, internships, boot camps) to students and other audiences. Also, sources additional funding opportunities to support workforce solutions and programs.
Qualifications of the position are as follows:
- Knowledgeable of workforce development practices, systems, and program design in addition to training systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to create and give presentations to large groups and individuals
- Proficient in using MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Has a good understanding of the shipbuilding and/or manufacturing industry as it relates to workforce skills and needs
- Knowledge of registered apprenticeships and developing industrial training programs are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Human Resources or similar field in addition to 2 years of working experience OR 8 years of working experience as a Training Manager/Facilitator or in a similar role with experience in the learning and development of industrial trade workers.
- Ability to travel