A Tool Room Attendant receives and stores tools, equipment, and supplies and subsequently issues them to yard employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains custody of all items in inventory and dispenses and repairs tools and supplies.
- Categorizes and stocks materials on the shelves, bins, and racks of the tool room.
- Keeps log of tools and materials that have been issued, then follows up to ensure that items are returned as scheduled and are in good working order.
- Tracks inventory and orders new materials and supplies when necessary.
- Makes small repairs to a wide variety of pneumatic tools or has tools and equipment sent out for repairs such as jacks, come-a-longs, chain falls, etc.
- Maintains the tool room in a clean and safe condition.
- Must work well with others
- Can identify job related tools and supplies
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required.