Schedules workflow for departments and operations according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
Assists in planning sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
Prepares production reports.
Involved in the development of build strategies with production and project management.
Provides schedule dates for the MRP process for material procurement in time necessary to support production.
Performs physical progress of project activities.
Tracks area work station process results.
Plans and reviews daily station activities with supervisor.
Reports progress and tracking results to production supervision.
Reports schedule projections to production supervision.
Develops recovery plans as needed with production supervision.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year experience in planning and preparing production schedules for industrial manufacturing and/or fabrication projects.
- Must be knowledgeable in planning and preparing, able to organize and multi-task multiple projects in addition to having excellent communication skills.
- Must be proficient in utilizing basic computer software (MS Office applications)
- Primavera P6 scheduling software experience is required, MS Project experience a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Shipbuilding experience a plus.