A Purchasing Agent directs all aspects of purchasing and inventory control for the facility. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Issuing purchase orders and change notices.
- Coordinating and participating in the receiving and delivery of supplies to and from the facility.
- Analyzing market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Reviewing purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to Company policy.
- Arranging for disposal of surplus materials.
- Accountability of inventory at the facility.
- Makes all miscellaneous material corrections and issues at facility.
- Manages and supervises Tool Room operations and personnel.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in the purchasing and inventory control of steel and other marine construction components. Must have a valid driver’s license with a favorable driving history. Must have knowledge of basic computer software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.). Must be able to communicate effectively and work well with others.