Outside Machinist is responsible for installing the vessels’ machinery through the use of blueprints and hand tools and knowledgeable of some aspects of air controls and tubing bending.
- Able to read and interpret standard construction drawings, specifications, and other technical publications.
- Good working knowledge of system start-up procedures, propulsion system alignment, and machinery plants.
- Familiar with all aspects of craft-specific marine construction from design through installation and operational testing.
- Versed in applicable commercial and military specifications and standards.
- Knowledge of how to use necessary tools and equipment (i.e. calipers, micrometers, heavy jacks, chain falls, torch, etc.)
- Have some sort of experience or background in welding.
- 1 years of Outside Machinist experience.