A Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design of a vessel’s propulsion and auxiliary systems, piping and HVAC.
The requirements of the position are as follows:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and have a minimum of 3-6 months of shipyard experience.
• Must have knowledge of piping, heating-ventilation-air conditioning (HVAC), insulation, machinery ventilation, sewage systems, and sea water systems concepts;
• Must have the ability to use computer assisted engineering software to design the products or systems listed above;
• Ability to support all production and testing activities;
• Familiarity with CFR, ABS, NVIC and USCG rules and regulations for mechanical and piping systems along with other applicable regulations;
• Must have basic computer skills using Microsoft applications (i.e., MS Excel, MS Word); and
• Must be self-motivated and exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills.