Bollinger Shipyards is seeking an experienced 1st Class Insulator to join its team.
The requirements for the position are as follows:
• Four (4) years of marine insulating experience and one (1) year of continuous Company experience preferred.
• Able to read and interpret standard construction drawings, specifications, and other technical publications.
• Good working knowledge of shipboard insulation systems.
• Versed in applicable commercial and military specifications.
• Reads blueprints and selects required insulation material (in sheet, tubular, or roll form).
• Must be versed in application of applying metal to piping, bulkheads and overheads, penetrations requiring metal sheathing and is able to apply insulation to air ducts, hot and cold pipes, exhaust pipes.
• Brushes adhesives on or attaches metal adhesive-backed pins to flat surfaces as necessary to facilitate application of insulation material.
• Measures and cuts insulation material to specified size and shape.
• Fits, wraps, or attaches required insulation material around or to structure, following blueprint specifications.
• Covers or seals insulation with preformed plastic covers, canvas strips, sealant, or tape to secure insulation to structure.
• Sets up and operates pin welder